Stretch marks come when you get pregnant and it doesn’t seem like there is anything you can do to stop these things. As skin is stretched, the collagen is weakened and its normal production cycle is interrupted and damaged. This ultimately results in fine scars under the top layer of the skin. Initially the marks look pink or red, but over time a thin, silvery line appears on the skin surface and a stretch mark is born. When you tell them to leave, they just don’t get the point so you have to start looking at other options. Instead of buying all these things that promise not to work, try something more natural.
From your kitchen
Coconut Oil – Use organic virgin coconut oil. It has been proven to reduce the appearance of sun spots, wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks. Rub coconut oil into your belly (or legs or whatever) to reduce and prevent stretch marks. Coconut oil works well as a massage oil and an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin.
Egg Whites – Eggs are a rich source of protein. For stretch marks, you want to use only the egg whites, which contain amino acids and proteins.
- Whip the whites of two eggs gently with a fork. Clean the affected skin area with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.
- Allow the egg whites to dry completely and then rinse the area with cold water.
- Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
- Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks and watch for positive results.
Lemons – Lemons are a way you can naturally lighten the stretch mark scar. Cut a lemon into wedges and rub the wedge onto your scar on a daily basis. It also helps if you let the lemon wedge sit on the scar for several minutes if you can. This will not make them go away, but it will lighten the scar over time.
You use aloe-vera on sunburns and other types of skin problems so why wouldn’t you use them on your stretch marks as well. Aloe Vera will help soften the scar which will make it slowly fade away as well.
Home Recipe Vanilla Stretch Marks Body Cream
This will work wonders on your skin. Make sure that all the ingredients are 100% natural.
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Butter (or shea butter)
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1Table-spoon Wheat germ oil
- 1Table-spoon Coconut oil
- 1Tea-spoon Vitamin E oil or (4 capsules)
- 1Tea-spoon grated beeswax
- 1 Tea-spoon Vanilla extract oil based (optional)
Mix together all ingredients (except vanilla extract). Heat the mixture gently until the cocoa butter and beeswax have melted. Remove from the heat (optional and stir in the vanilla extract). Pour in a sterile jar and allow to cool completely before putting the lid.