A commonly asked question with people that wish to get a ppi reclaim underway, is “is there a way that I can expedite my claim happen faster?”
The truth is, whether or not you are making a claim with a company, or if you are doing it on your own, every single claim has to follow a process, and that process is outlined in brief terms as follows:
- In the beginning, a case needs to be investigated to find out whether or not there is a ppi policy attached to the particular complaint, because if there is no ppi attached then there can’t possibly be a cause for a claim.
- Next, it is very important (at this stage) that you decide if you are going to use a claims’ management firm, or if you are going to ‘go it alone’ with your case
- If you choose to go it alone, you will need to get in touch with the financial institution that has mis-sold the insurance to you. This is because this particular corporation will need to accept that there has been a mis-selling case that has taken place here, before agreeing to pay compensation.
- If the bank/corporation decides that it does not agree with the complaint that you are issuing them with, then it means that you will likely have to take this up with the financial ombudsman service, who will investigate the claim further to see if the case needs to be reimbursed or if it is invalid
- Dependent on the decision from the financial ombudsman, you will receive either a positive result, or a negative result. You CAN appeal any result that is delivered by the financial authorities the same as if the banks had rejected the claim themselves in the first place. However, there are no guarantees that you will receive compensation due to the fact that the claim could be found to be invalid.
The best possible way to get your claim underway the fastest, would be to get all of the information ready at the beginning, because this ensures that you are operating from a state of mind where you have the most information on the circumstances around your particular complaint.
If it is the case that you have definitely been miss sold ppi insurance, then you should absolutely qualify for a claim.
Just make sure you have an understanding of the fees that are payable on completion to make sure you don’t have to deal with any nasty surprises at the end of proceedings.